Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jack Vettriano The Blue Gown

Jack Vettriano The Blue GownJack Vettriano The Birth of a DreamJack Vettriano The Billy Boys
'What have you done with him?'
THEY'RE SAFE 'I didn't want to! The horse and the rat just turned up!'
RAT?
'Er . . . I think that's something that's going to happen.'
OH, YES. I REMEMBER. HMM. A HUMAN DOING MY JOB? TECHNICALLY POSSIBLE, OF COURSE, BUT WHY?
‘I think Albert knows something, but he changes the subject.'
Albert reappeared, carrying another cup and saucer. He plonked it down pointedly on Death's desk, with the air of one who is being put upon.FOR NOW. I'M GLAD IT'S OVER. HAVING PEOPLE AROUND WAS BEGINNING TO AFFECT MY JUDGEMENT. AH, ALBERT . . .Albert had appeared on the edge of the carpet, bearing a tea‑tray.ANOTHER CUP, IF YOU WOULD BE SO GOOD.Albert looked around, and totally failed to see Susan. If you could be invisible to Miss Butts, everyone else was easy.'If you say so, Master.'SO, said Death, when Albert had shuffled away, I HAVE GONE MISSING. AND YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE INHERITED THE FAMILY BUSINESS. YOU?

No comments: